Bike enthusiasts around the world adore the Harley-Davidson brand because it has introduced several powerful motorcycles. Harley-Davidson Inc. is based in Wisconsin. It serves people of all ages and tastes ranging from elite to young bike fans.
Unknown Harley-Davidson history specifics
- Harley-Davidson motors were founded by four men. The company commenced in the Davidsons family’s backyard in a small shed . Harley and three brothers from the Davidson family created this great company.
- The company name is Harley-Davidson and not Davidson-Harley because the concept of a motorcycle was Harley’s. The team was obsessed with cycles, so they planned to blend bicycles with engines.
- The First H-D model got rejected based on being vulnerable in handling Milwaukee roads. Nevertheless, the team was focused and in 1906 they invested in a factory.
- Harley got his engineering degree in 1907 and they started producing 150 motorcycles every year in the factory.
- In a couple of years, the company progressed steadily, so 35 workers were employed and the factory started making 1000+ bikes every year.
- Soon, H-D’s signature V-twin engine got created and since then their production increased significantly. In 1914, the company sold 16,284 motorcycles.
- In 1920, Harley-Davidson Motor Company became the largest motorbike manufacturer in the US.
- In 1930, H-D started painting eagle designs on the motorcycle’s tank.
The 2022 series include the Low Rider El Diablo and Pan America 1250. If you purchase the H-D motorbike from another state then moving to your city needs careful planning. You can rely on Ship A Car, Inc. Transport Company to help with safe shipping. For more details visit – https://www.shipacarinc.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-harley-davidson-the-company-the-cruiser-and-how-to-ship-a-harley/
Interesting facts about H-D a motorcycle fan must know
Harley-Davidson Bikes participated in the World War I
The US government purchased 1/3rd of H-D bikes for World War I in 1917. After the ceasefire, the first US armed forces that entered Germany were on Harley-Davidson motorcycles. It was a historical event followed by the grand opening in 67 countries. The world crowned H-D as the largest motorcycle brand.
Twin-cylinder engines was made first for the army
Harley-Davidson exclusively constructed boxer-style twin-cylinder engines at the request of the US army during World War II. The bikes manufactured from 1941 – 1945 were around 90,000.
Fame post world war
During the war, Harley-Davidson drew a lot of attention. When the war ended, the company introduced a fresh unconventional bike model called ‘Sportstar’. The world’s first superbike model was launched in 1950 and took the motor company to another level.
Harley bike ‘Hogging’ came from real HOG
Fans of H-D prefer their transport method as ‘Hog’. It sounds like a nickname but originated from real boys’ group. In 1920, the group of boys often raced on their bikes. After winning, they would ride their bike with a hog [pig] as their mascot and go for victory drives. H-D embraced this term for Harley Owners Group [H.O.G].
Harley Davidson has a museum, a movie featuring Harley in 1953 for the first time on the big screen and there are many other cool facts associated with H-D.